Monday, July 16, 2018

TO LISTEN TO THE SHOW, LOOK ABOVE

BLISTERING LISTENS 

& STRANGE SOUNDS, 

THANK YOU 

EPISODE 50

I just watched the Helvetica documentary so I'm all about using it everywhere right now. I've already had my phase where Helvetica was my be-all-end-all typeface, but dammit if it still doesn't look beautiful in very large uses. If you've seen the doc, my relationship to the typeface is shared with that of the hardworking "power trio" behind the graphic design firm Experimental Jetset featured in the third act. Their perspective is that of growing up in a post-post-Helvetica world. One where the reaction to it has itself become so ubiquitous and "boring" that Helvetica has once again found a use, albeit, in much more creative uses than simple corporate signage.

ANYWAY

I've added a "listen" link to the header of the blog. I really need to put some more time into this thing but--hey, what can ya do when you're juggling a million things at once? 

Well--drop a few, that's for sure. 

Tonight's show will be a good one. Got some more rough around the edges stuff coming up, including an unsuspecting mashup of a jazz legend with some drone legends.

Tune in at the link above.

Cheers,

Andres

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLASST 132: C. Diaz

TRACKLIST 1. Björk - "Big Time Sensuality" 2. Ataque de Caspa - "Viaje a Egipto" 3. PJ Harvey - "Is This Desire?&qu...