Tuesday, April 2, 2019

BLASST 85 - TRACKLIST + NOTES

BLASST 85 TRACKLIST 
1. Sylvan Esso & Collections of Colonies of Bees - "Funeral Singers"
2. Merchandise - "Become What You Are"
3. Carlos Alomar - "Global Alpha 9"
4. Minutemen - "History Lesson, Pt. II"
5. Sasami - "Not The Time"
6. Big Joanie - "It's You"
7. Rakta - "Fim do Mundo"
8. Midnight Star - "Freak-A-Zoid (Dub Version)"
9. Solar Shield - "Reesis"
10. Stereolab - "Come and Play In The Milky Night"
11. Vangelis - "Chung Kuo"
12. Mdou Moctar - "Kamane Tarhanin"

LISTEN TO THE SHOW


In case you haven't listened to the episode yet, no, BLASST is not going away. At least, not yet. April Fool's.

While this is not our final broadcast, it does signal our home stretch. Our final broadcast will be BLASST 100, and that will be airing sometime near the end of the summer. Until then, we will continue to air band interviews, show listings, and be sure to expect one more soundtracks episode and one more space episode before we close our cosmic curtain. I plan to make these remaining 14 broadcasts count, and I hope you will join me on this last leg of our journey.

Now, as for the reason why BLASST will be ending: I've recently accepted an offer to produce some content for Neta RGV covering the RGV music scene. I'll be producing written content (articles, reviews, features, etc) for the publication, and most importantly, be paid for it! I've never been in this particular (paid) position before, so I am trying to take it as seriously as possible by re-organizing my time and being intentional with how and where I devote my time and energy. This means BLASST will be ending, and I may also be taking some time away from making music of my own. It's a bittersweet life change, but I also believe that when you put something down, you give yourself a chance to pick it up again, so who knows what the future holds? After all, the only way to know what happens next is to simply turn the page. I appreciate everyone who expressed their love for the show when I announced the April Fool's prank, and apologize for causing a stir. Thank you for listening all this time. If you will miss the program, start one of your own! Listen to The Exterior Process, which is another great RGV music podcast run by local musicians! Get involved in your communities, do everything you can, and never look back until you're done. The view—I imagine—will be breathtaking.

See y'all next week...for now.

Andres

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLASST 132: C. Diaz

TRACKLIST 1. Björk - "Big Time Sensuality" 2. Ataque de Caspa - "Viaje a Egipto" 3. PJ Harvey - "Is This Desire?&qu...