Tuesday, March 10, 2020

BLASST 102: WASH YR DAMN HANDS

TRACKLIST
1. Mccoy Tyner Interview on The Weekend Starts Now
2. Mccoy Tyner - "Departure"
3. Señor Coconut y su Conjunto - "The Robots (Cha Cha Cha)"
4. Chiiild - "Back to Life"
5. Molchat Doma - "Prognoz"
6. Arlo Parks - "Eugene"
7. Nation of Language - "Rush & Fever"
8. Deeper - "Trust"
9. Crack Cloud - "The Next Fix"
10. Loraine James - "Sensual"
11. DJ Nigga Fox - "Faz a Minha"
12. Kikagaku Moyo - "Kogarashi"
13. Moon Duo - "The World and the Sun"
14. Pere Ubu - "Breath"
15: Gang of Four - "At Home He's A Tourist"

COVER: Arlo Parks by Pamela Boland.

LISTEN TO THE SHOW ON MIXCLOUD
LISTEN TO THE SHOW ON APPLE PODCASTS 

NOTES: I like today's show. I had initially planned for it to be very different, but as I mention on the program, my laptop shut off while I was putting the episode together and I lost everything at about 1AM. I love this show and I love y'all but I was too tired to rebuild it at that hour, so I waited til the next day. If you ask me, I think it turned out for the better. Today's selections are more eclectic in their style, jumping from pop to post punk with some funky tempo play for transitions. Where else can you find a show that begins with jazz great McCoy Tyner and closes with the mighty Gang of Four? Now that I think about it, that bookends the show with losses. McCoy passed this past Friday, and GoF's Andy Gill passed early last month. Death shouldn't come as a surprise when you live a life, but it doesn't make it any less bitter to swallow. Some highlights from today's program: I'm really into this Chiiild LP, Synthetic Soul. I straight up cried to "Back To Life" when I first heard it. The chorus goes "if there's a god, I hope she's black and - when I die - she brings me back to life" and that just shattered me. It's a great track to boot. Other notes, I finally got a track from the new Moon Duo in there, I must have jammed that LP 30 times over the holiday break (perks of working for a college). It's been an interesting week. I take off on tour with Shanghai Beach (as a photographer) this Thursday, and I'm both excited and a bit on edge about it. All this COVID-19 panic has gotten to my head a bit. It took a few conversations with friends more level-headed than I am and some googling about how to best protect oneself from contracting and spreading viruses to finally calm my nerves. Now, my only concern is picking it up and bringing it home with me. Technically I wouldn't know until it's too late. Worst case scenario, I take two weeks off work. Worse things could happen, honestly.

Stay safe out there. See y'all next week.

AS

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLASST 132: C. Diaz

TRACKLIST 1. Björk - "Big Time Sensuality" 2. Ataque de Caspa - "Viaje a Egipto" 3. PJ Harvey - "Is This Desire?&qu...