Tuesday, May 28, 2019

BLASST 93: New York City...Again

TRACKLIST
1. The Velvet Underground - "I'm Waiting For The Man" & Oki Remix
2. Talking Heads - "This Must Be The Place"
3. Suicide - "Ghost Rider"
4. Yuka Honda - "Humming Song (Alone Together)"
5. Haruomi Hosono - "Bara to Yaju"
6. DJ Haram - "BODY COUNT"
7. Sonic Youth - "The Sprawl"
8. DNA - "Blonde Redhead"
9. T.A.Z. - II
10. Kaleidoscope - "SCORCHED EARTH"
11. Pinocchio - "BEHIND YOU"
12. Murderer - "Juicy Fruit Dream"
13. Ramones - "Bonzo Goes To Bitburg" 


LISTEN ON MIXCLOUD
LISTEN ON APPLE PODCASTS

NOTES
Today's BLASST is a sound poem of sorts. It's also a day late. WOOPS. Gimme a break, I'm out and about in the world! I'm actually just in New York City again, (see BLASST #23 for my first visit), but while it may be one city, it's filled with people, food, and languages from all over the world. An "American" city in that it is a prime example of how immigrants have managed to forge lives for themselves despite oppressive living conditions, ever-ascending rent rates, and a constantly changing world surrounding them. Even the homeless people make up a key component of what this city represents: possibility. I know that sounds silly, but the way I see it, even folks who don't have a roof over their heads and walk around reeking of their own urine refuse to leave, so that has to say something about what this place means to the people that live in it. I've only been here a few days and still have another few to go, but already I'm getting both exhausted (you have to walk everywhere, who thought that up?) and comfortable in my surroundings. I can even picture myself giving the city a shot one day. When will that day come? Who knows. But I think now more than ever I have to recognize that as inevitable.

- A

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLASST 132: C. Diaz

TRACKLIST 1. Björk - "Big Time Sensuality" 2. Ataque de Caspa - "Viaje a Egipto" 3. PJ Harvey - "Is This Desire?&qu...