Tuesday, December 18, 2018

BLASST 71 - TRACKLIST + NOTES

BLASST 71 TRACKLIST:
1. Back to Back - "Flesh and Bone"

2. The Men - "Ailment"
3. Farai - "National Gangsters
4. The KVB - "Above Us"
5. Mothers - "Copper Mines"
6. Object Blue - "Even In You
7. Combined Minds - "More Knobs Than Notes

8. Johnny and the Hurricanes - "Crossfire"
9. Pedro Santos - "Flor de Lotus"
10. Erik Griswold - "Day Dream"

11. Longmont Potion Castle - "LPS 8 Theme"
12. Yamasuki Singers - "Yamasuki"
13. Deafear - "Whenever"
14. Sisters of Mercy - "Lucretia My Reflection"


LISTEN HERE

INFO:
This episode was a little rushed, I fell out of my production rhythms this past week following the passing of my grandfather and his subsequent wake and funeral. I have, however, been spending more time with my family and actually enjoying bits of it, which I did not expect too much. Sometimes families aren't perfect, and it took a while for me to be okay with that, but more than ever I've affirmed myself in the realization that if I'm proud of who I am today, it has something to do with my family, whether their impact be positive or negative (both, to be honest) each impact has helped shape me today, and I am thankful for being here today, as opposed to not.

I'm getting off topic, but my point is that I haven't done a lot of listening and prepping for this week's episode as I should have (and it shows) but I'm happy with the things I did do in that time: cleaning up at home, seeing friends, doing things with friends, working on music, and so on. I have, however, been putting together a playlist of my favorite tracks from 2018 to play on New Year's Eve, which falls on a Monday >:}. The show will air live, and will be two hours long, counting down to midnight in Central Standard Time! How exciting is that? Better be somewhat exciting, tbh. I'm considering throwing a party and hosting the episode intermittently during the party. We'll see how that goes. My cat Dindi may even make an appearance.

And now, a correction. In today's episode, I forgot to mention that The Men's new compilation has a name: Hated (2008-2011) (out now on Sacred Bones) features music from the band's first four years as a band. The track I played ("Ailment") is originally off of their debut EP, We Are The Men. I like this band a lot, and have for about 6 years. I first saw them with Osmar and Joseph from Jungle Bodies one of the nights we had traveled up to Austin to play a show. They played with Destruction Unit at what was then Red 7. Destruction Unit blew our minds (literally to pieces) but the Men further pulverized them, more so than the confetti that littered the floor following D-Unit's set. It was a very inspiring night for me, and one I will not soon forget. I mean, hell, I'm still talking about it today. 


For the listeners curious about the character/game I'm referencing at the end of the show: look no further.

Also, the military's packing up and going back where they came from, so that's good at least. Thanks for listening this week. Next week's episode (Christmas Eve) will feature an interview with my good friend, Charlie Vela! What a gift!

Keep your ears peeled for that one.

And now for brand-related information:

Rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, and leave a comment if you're so inclined. No pressure either way. I do this because I love it. If you share my enthusiasm, you are encouraged to share that with me.

con respeto,

Ferrerito Rocherito over and out.

Insta: @u_punk
Twitter: @universal_punk
E-mail: uupunk@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLASST 132: C. Diaz

TRACKLIST 1. Björk - "Big Time Sensuality" 2. Ataque de Caspa - "Viaje a Egipto" 3. PJ Harvey - "Is This Desire?&qu...