Tuesday, November 20, 2018

BLASST 68 TRACKLIST + NOTES

BLASST 68 TRACKLIST

1. KRGV - Report Excerpt
2. The Monks - "Complication"
3. Dennis Coffey - "It's Your Thing/Union Station (live)"
4. Peter Donato y Rafael Hernandez - "Popurri Boleros"
5. The Fendermen - "Mule Skinner Blues"
6. Pip Blom - "I Think I'm In Love"
7. Des Demonas - "Tuff Turf"
8. Buffy Sainte-Marie - "God Is Alive, Magic is Afoot"
9. Devi McCallion & Katie Dey - "Into the Sky"
10. NOUS - "Shumisah"
11. Louis Cole - "Mean It"
12. John Zorn - "Inside Straight"
13. Ambitious Lovers - "Copy Me"
14. Michele Samson & His Orchestra - "Aubade D'oiseaux"
15. Yellow Magic Orchestra - "Rydeen"



LISTEN TO THE SHOW


INFO
Today's episode brings us a wide array of tunes that I've been stockpiling for the past two weeks (some even longer), which may be why some of the stylistic shifts in the show are a little more jarring than others. Nonetheless! This episode paints a pretty clear picture of what I've been jamming lately, save for a few releases that are a little too mainstream or popular to warrant being featured on my show (It's not like the new Mariah Carey LP, Caution, the new Travis Scott LP, Astroworld, or the new Beatles White Album remaster need any promotion from my humble little self and my humble little program, anyway. They do just fine on their own, I'm sure). I try to feature stuff that isn't necessarily on a major label or under some popular radar, though with literally ALL of the taste-making arenas constantly on the hunt for the latest underground, undiscovered, proverbial oil well of sensational music--sonic gold, if you will--, that is sometimes not the easiest thing to do. Hey, great minds think alike, what can I say? Some tracks I'm really happy to have on the show today are, of course, my favorite new cooking music courtesy of Peter Donato's warm, soothing electronic keyboard goodness, a selection from Devi McCallion & Katie Dey's collaborative world of pop-unease, which you can find here, a beautiful piece by Buffy Sainte-Marie, a Canadian artist whose work has evaded my eardrums for an embarrassingly long time, and finally, I've been wanting to play Ambitious Lovers on the show for a while now. They're one of Arto Lindsay's less canonized (though I have no idea why) projects after and apart from his work in DNA, the pioneering no-wave group, blending tropicalia with jazz, funk, and a delicate sprinkling of his signature guitar "noise". I refuse to call it "skronk", because that word is hardly befitting of a sound that can only be described as microphones being scrubbed with sandpaper. Anyway, this is a fun jumble of an episode and I hope you all enjoy it very much. Please rate and review us on Apple Podcasts so we can get higher placement on their charts, above all the normally spelled "B-L-A-S-T" podcasts. Thank you very much.

con respeto,

Ferrerito Rocherito over and out.

Follow us on Instagram
Follow us on Twitter

Find us on Apple Podcasts
Or E-Mail us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLASST 132: C. Diaz

TRACKLIST 1. Björk - "Big Time Sensuality" 2. Ataque de Caspa - "Viaje a Egipto" 3. PJ Harvey - "Is This Desire?&qu...